Monday, October 09, 2006

Fran Landis' Turkey Chili.

OK...I totally don't intend for this to be a recipe blog. Honest. However...I have to share one more yummy soup recipe with you.

Fran Landis, the musical director for FORUM, made a very tasty turkey chili for our company meal a few weeks ago. Now, if you read my post about the corn chowder, you know that I like chili and that I was actually hoping to make chili that infamous night. Her recipe is SO easy and SO tasty. She was kind enough to share it with me.

Listen...I bought these ingredients tonight and anyone can make it. It cost about $8 total and made enough to feed 4 people 2 bowls each. Here's it is, in Fran's words:

These are the exact ingredients I used, including brand names, but you can obviously use similar products of your choosing.

1 pound ground turkey
1 17.6-oz. jar Goya brand Mild Pico de Gallo Salsa
1 15.5-oz. can Goya Premium Black Beans
2 8-oz.cans Hunt no salt added tomato sauce
Frozen corn

Brown turkey. Add Pico De Gallo, beans and sauce. Cook until hot, then add frozen corn to your liking, as well as chili powder and ground cumin to taste. (You can add some sliced baby carrots if you wish, also.)

For the Kavinoky gang, I doubled the recipe and used one can of Goya Great Northern Beans in addition to the can of Black Beans. I didn't have any cumin, so I omitted it.


So, try it. You'll like it. Mmm...autumn weather is the best time for soup.

No comments: