Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Interviewed by Rion.

My new cyber friend, Rion, has a fun game on her blog. It's a sort of blog interview in which friends, family members or strangers can ask you questions. The rules (and her interview) can be found on her site HERE.

These are the questions Rion asked me to answer:

1. If you were asked to write a 10-item modern addendum to the Ten Commandments, what would you Command?
Ooh...this is a toughy. After some careful consideration, I hereby command: Thou shalt not do the following six things: judge, kill, steal, serve me mushrooms, intentionally hurt someone (physically or emotionally), force your beliefs/habits onto another. Thou shall do the following four things: be happy, love, mow your lawn, perform random acts of kindness.

2. Since Tammy is no longer on the air, what is your deepest, darkest television guilty pleasure?
I have always tried not to watch too much television but now, with the enormous variety of cooking/cooking themed television programming, I must admit to watching "Top Chef", "The Next Food Network Star", "Hell's Kitchen", and "Dinner: Impossible"...in addition to whatever looks appetizing on the Food Network. I also regularly watch Desperate Housewives and the occasional game show (especially "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?")

3. Sending your blog question back to you: do you knick knack? What is your favorite type of knick knack, and why?
Although "knick knacking" may not be the appropriate term for it, I do display green and cranberry glass, antiques I've purchased at Gently Used and garage sales, and lots and lots of books. I also like mirrors. I hope to one day have small framed mirrors throughout our living room (in place of photographs or paintings.) My favorite types of knick knacks are those that are tastefully displayed, i.e. Hummels on a symmetrically designed hanging shelving unit.

4. Okay, I'll bite Mr. English Major. What is the one book everyone should read but won't enjoy?
That's a really difficult question to answer! A book everyone should read but won't enjoy? That totally depends on their taste, I think. In addition...how do you define "enjoy"? OK, OK...let me just answer the question. I think the book that everyone should read but will likely not enjoy is either "The Joy of Cooking" or "The Bible".

5. Number 5 is a challenge. Video blog the simplest recipe you can think of, if you dare. If you choose Truth instead of Dare, tell us the celebrity you'd like to go to Tahiti with for magical calorie-free cocktails and etcetera.
OK, I'll totally do the video blog dare when I get home but I'll also answer the truth question. I would love to go to Tahiti and drink loads of calorie-free cocktails with Rosie O'Donnell. I think she would be tons of fun...not to mention she knows lots of Broadway show tunes.

Here are the rules...but click on the link to Rion's blog anyway.
1. Leave me a comment saying "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

I am going to "tag" and interview Michael.

No comments: