Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day Three: Still Smoke-Free

Well, I figured that I should pick up a hobby. I mean, after all, I need to do something with my extra 2.5 hours/day, right? Jamie takes flying lessons...I need to do something productive too!

I've been researching language-teaching software. My friend Eileen is learning French (she's going to Paris at the end of the month) and she loves it. The only thing is, I'm not going to France so I don't think it's the most practical language for me to learn...at least not first. I'm thinking I'll take a crack at Spanish. After all, by the year 2050 more than 1/2 of our country's population will not be white and about 75% of the non-white population will speak Spanish. It makes sense.

I've looked at "Rosetta Stone" and "Tell Me More" software applications primarily. They're both very expensive (but still not as expensive as flying airplanes!!) Have any of you used either software application? If so, what did you think? Is one better than the other?

Give me some advice...or, if you have $400 laying around, I'm more than happy to receive gifts!

No comments: