Sunday, January 14, 2007

Pierogies with Grandma

For years and years my family has made and eaten pierogies. Although the Kelley family isn't Polish, living in Buffalo we've learned to adapt. My Grandma Kelley (almost 100% German) is the matriarch and cook of the family. I don't know precisely when she started making pierogies but I sure do remember eating them.

The Oleniacz side of my family (that's Grandma Dem's birth family) is Polish...her parents are directly off the boat from Poland. While I don't remember Grandma Dem ever making pierogies, she prepares them for every single holiday meal.

I LOVE PIEROGIES.

Why am I writing this post? Because, for the very first time in my life, I am going to learn how to make them. Grandma Kelley, my cousins Jessica and Melany, and I are going to be taught. (Jessica actually already knows how...Grandma taught her already.) I am so very excited.

Those of you who know me know that I love to cook. Now I'll have something else to add to my arsenal.

I'll let everybody know how it goes.

Did I mention that I'm excited...in 2 hours I'll be pinching dough!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that picture looks disgusting! URGH, I feel like gagging!

I hope you made cheese and potatoe and not spinach, yuck!

Love you!