Monday, January 01, 2007

First Post of 2007

Well, it's official. I have not smoked at all this year! I know that this is no huge achievement but normally, by this time of day, I would have smoked at least 15 cigarettes...today, none!

There's a few really great quit sites that I've been frequenting today. They all say that cold turkey is the best way to go and that the relapse occurrences are low. They all recommend that we smokers take it one HOUR at a time. They say that it's better to control the immediate than to try and predict the future.

I'm actually doing pretty good. So is Jamie. Like I said, it's only been 16 hours but I am very proud.

I'll keep you updated. I just wanted this to be the official first post of the year...that way if I fail on this endeavor, you'll all have a reason to point fingers and admonish me.

Best of 2007.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, I hope you are keeping up fighting the urge! I'm really proud of you and wish you a very happy and healthy 2007!

Love- Katie