Monday, March 12, 2007

Family dinner.

Jamie and I had my Mom, my Grandma Dem and my Grandma Kelley over for dinner tonight. We planned this for just one week and I think everyone had a great time.

We decided (actually, I decided and begged Jamie to go along) to make lasagna. Jamie makes the BEST lasagna. So our menu included wine that my Mother brought (actually I used a wine that I had, she just added to our stock); a fresh salad prepared by Grandma Dem; Jamie's awesome lasagna; and Grandma Kelley's German Chocolate Cake (my personal favorite) and Slush Cake. I provided the semi-clean house and the beautifully set table.

Why am I posting this you ask? Well, because I want to damnit.

In addition, I think it's important that we share these special moments with our friends and families in an attempt to promote future dinners of this sort (not to mention the fact that we all go by a much faster-paced life right now...it's great to sit down to chat for five minutes let alone enjoy a great meal with loved ones.) I know that Grandma Kelley said that she'll be having me and Jamie over for a Turkey Dinner and we can't wait for that. Grandma Dem already has Jamie and me over once a week. My Mother is always asking us to come over. We will be well fed, indeed.

Special moments deem special blogs. Many wonderful stories were shared and I will forever remember this great evening...not to mention that my Mom and Dad have been divorced for over 20 years and that our two families can meld as one just as easily as ever before.

I am a happy, and completely stuffed-bellied, boy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there with you enjoy the food and join in on the laughter! Mom said Jamie's lasagna was awesome (as good as hers which is hard to believe)! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I won't know since I haven't been invited to a family get together in over a year. Guess I'll have to wait 19 more years, by then it will be too late for some.

Sara said...

The lasagna was "awesome" and I thoroughly enjoyed the company as always... we'll definitely have to do it more often! Thanks again, Joe & Jamie! Love, Mom